Sunday, February 1, 2015

How to make a Zebra Striped Crochet Hat


I wanted to try a new pattern I found so I made this zebra striped hat. 

Zebra striped crochet hat


First I measured the length of my head from my forehead up to the top of my head.  Then I made a chain that long. The hat turn out a little bit to small so add a few chain. 

Crochet in the back loops only. 

A Half Double Crochet (HDC) is done like a double crochet but you pull trough all of it at once instead of dived it up in two steps.

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and keep going. End row with chain. Turn.
Row 2: As row 1. 
Row3: Switch color and repeat.





When I was almost done I realized the width had changed, it was smaller. Ops. I most have mist the last chain at the end. Redo. 


When the hat is wide enough decide which side is going to be out. Then you can stitch it or crochet it together. I took one loop of each side and crochet them together.


Then I weaved around the top of the hat and pull tightly. I had to fix a few spots that didn't look so good but the hat end up pretty good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment