Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Abraham Lincoln hat

Here is how the hat turn out.
 
 
Här är hatten färdig.

 
This how I did the hat; Mind that it is not a pattern, I adjust my crocheting as I work.
 
After crocheting 1 double crochet in every stitch I reduced the amount of stitch. Looking at how the hat turned out, I should probably have reduced the amount right after I started the 1 double crochet in each. When I thought the hat had the right hight I started crocheting 2 double crochet in each stitch again to make the brim. The problem with the brim is that  if you do too many of the 2 double crochet in each stitch the brim will become wavy and if you do too few it will turn inwards. It is a try and error thing. My brim got a little wavy.
 

 

Detta är inte ett mönster på hur jag virkade hatten mera en beskrivning hur jag gick tillväga.
 
Efter jag började med 1 dubbelmaska i varje maska minskade jag antalet maskor. När man tittar på hur hatten blev antar jag att jag gjorde minskningen för sent. Jag skulle antagligen gjort den direkt då jag började med 1 dubbelmaska i varje maska. När jag tyckte att hatten hade rätt höjd ökade jag maskantal igen för att göra brettet. Ju fler fler maskor man ökar dessto vågigare blir brettet men med för få maskor kommer brettet att vika innåt.

No comments:

Post a Comment